Hello all AHA Instructors,
There was a conference call this morning with the AHA. To clarify on the transition to e-cards, please note the following:
1) All Training Centers under the AHA will transition to e-cards as they are up for their contract renewal. This means once a Training Center renews their contract, they will no longer have access to ordering papers cards. You may still see others obtaining paper cards until the year 2020. This is because other training centers may not be up for their contract renewal until closer to 2020, still giving them access to ordering paper cards.
2) We, EETI, will no longer have paper cards after September 1, 2018. This is when our contract is being renewed. (Yes, seems like we’re one of the first in the transition cycle!)
3) If you have any paper cards in stock after this date, they will not be able to be returned to us nor traded out for e-cards. You are allowed to use whatever paper cards you have up until January 1, 2020. After this date, these paper cards will no longer be valid.
4) We are hoping the AHA comes out with instructor e-cards soon! This is the only AHA “paper card” we will have until they transition those.
5) Our EETI CPR/First Aid cards we will continue as now. These will not be developed as an e-card since it is not an AHA card.
If you have not transitioned to e-cards yet, we encourage you to do so. This will help with the transition within the next month. It’s easier than you may think! If you need directions on how to purchase e-cards and assigning them to your students, or any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.